With Martin Luther King Jr. Day coming up on Monday, I have taken the time to go through the THOUSANDS of MLK Jr. resources on TeachersPayTeachers to round up my favorite FREE activities. Learning about MLK Jr. is a meaningful way to supplement literacy skills. Check out the linked resources below for some no prep activities to honor Martin Luther King Jr. next week.
- After scanning the QR code to watch a mini-biography of MLK Jr., students will fill out comprehension questions.
- These QR codes are a wonderful resource for students to use for independent research. I am a BIG fan of providing research resources using QR codes to avoid students doing web searches.
- This mini-book is a great companion activity to the MLK Jr. Research QR codes listed above. It incorporates many reading and writing skills.
- This FREE Literature Guide contains 14 pages to use with the book “Martin’s Big Words” by Doreen Rappaport which is one of my favorite read aloud for this holiday.
- This bundle is jam packed with literacy activities including a nonfiction text, graphic organizers, and a writing prompt.
- This great resource has 7 printables that cover dictionary skills, reading comprehension, and vocabulary.