Get the Most Out of Your Read Aloud
These products are the solution for any teacher who is looking to turn Fall Themed Books into an opportunity for explicit instruction in reading, writing, enrichment, and more.
As a teacher, one of my favorite things to do is read quality picture books to my students. Yet, most weeks I ran out of time after teaching the required curriculum. This began my search to replace curriculum components with activities that tie to a read aloud I choose. I needed something simple, adaptable, and ready to go to fully round out the read aloud experience for my students—thus Rounding Out the Read Aloud was born.
Each unit has differentiated discussion prompts and activities for K-5 students of all levels. Additionally, material for multiple reading comprehension skills and strategies, the seven traits of writing, and engaging, cross-curricular extension activities are included in every unit.
Save Time with Minimal Prep
Teachers who understand the importance of precious plan time and the need for easy implementation created this unit. Therefore, all activities are minimal prep … just print and go! Customizable lesson plans with detailed instructions are written for you. First, grab your copy of the book. Then, select the activities for your students. Finally, just print, and go! If you are a teacher who treasures read aloud time and are looking to round out the experience to support your curriculum, this product will be a game-changer for you.
What is Included in This Bundle?
- The Spider and the Fly by Mary Howitt and Tony DiTerlizzi added 10/5/21
- Bats at the Library by Brian Lies added 10/5/21
- Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds added 10/20/21
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon added 10/21/21
- Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper added 11/3/21
- The Scarecrow by Beth Ferry added 11/6/21
- Leif and the Fall by Allison Sweet Grant and Adam Grant added 11/15/21
- The Very Last Leaf by Stef Wade added 11/16/21
- Cranberry Thanksgiving added 11/22/21
- Digital Getting Started Guide with complete implementation details and recommendations
- Lesson plans (primary and intermediate)
- Organizational material (binder cover and spine; assignment checklists)
- Discussion prompt cards/sticky notes
- Skills foldable
- Writing prompt with booklets which include built-in rubrics covering all traits of writing
- Six extension activities with accompanying organizers, task cards/student directions, and classroom materials list
Not Seeing a Read Aloud You Want?
Email us! Send a note to [email protected]. Make the subject line “Please Round Out [Insert Title of Book] by [Insert Author Name]”. There is a long list of read alouds coming to our product line soon. However, we are happy to bump your request to the top.
Leave a Reply